Welcome to the City of Scottsdale Parks and Recreation
The City of Scottsdale Parks and Recreation Department is excited to be a community partner with Be Scottsdale Fit! The social, physical, and spiritual benefits that park and recreation amenities and services provide are immense. Scottsdale provides enjoyable recreational activities and park settings that address the needs of diverse populations and engage the community. These opportunities provide social interaction and help improve the physical and mental well‐being of community members.
Awards: CAPRA Accreditation, National Gold Medal Award, Sports Illustrated Sportstown, Tree City USA (1983-2004), Medallion Award—Indian Bend Wash (2000), Natural Resources Award – Pinnacle Peak (2002), 50 Top Attractions by Child Appeal (2004)
Check out City Parks on our Be Scottsdale Fit Map!
Sport and Fitness
Our sport and fitness programs provide recreational and fitness opportunities for the community. . Facilities and associated activities include: Adult sports leagues, Club SAR (fitness center), Indian School Park and Scottsdale Ranch Park (year-round leagues in tennis and sand volleyball) and the City operates four pools, three of which are open on a year-round basis.
Outdoor Parks and Trails
Scottsdale has 27,800 acres of preserve land and almost 1000 acres of parks. 60 miles of non-motorized trails can be traversed the beautiful McDowell Sonoran Preserve and over 40 miles of paved pathways can be utilized for biking, jogging, running and walking, connecting people with the great outdoors. These trails provide valuable recreation and transportation opportunities for residents and visitors. Some may be located adjacent to parks that are used as staging areas to traverse into desert or mountain preservation areas.
Leisure Education programs promote the positive use of leisure time and contribute to the physical, mental and social well-being individuals by offering recreational and leisure time activities and classes to citizens. Classes are offered over a wide spectrum of ages and interests
The goal of the City of Scottsdale Special Events is to provide fun, free, safe and engaging events for the public to enjoy. Special Events strive to promote health/wellness, community involvement and showcase Parks and Recreation Parks and Recreation hosts a variety community programs and events throughout the year, including:
- Mighty Mud Mania: Mud Obstacle event for all ages to kick off the summer season – June
- Fall Festival: Safe alternative to Trick Treating – Fall Festival is a Halloween event with carnival games, entertainment, food, costume contests and fireworks. – October
- Skate Park Competition: Skateboarding event at Eldorado Park’s Wedge, Skate Park to showcase youth/young adults that traffic through Scottsdale’s Skate parks.
For more information about the City of Scottsdale Parks, Preserve or Recreation activities, visit “City of Scottsdale Parks and Recreation”.
“Deliver exceptional parks and recreation programs and services to enhance quality of life for all”
The Parks and Recreation Department provides exceptional recreation experiences to enrich the quality of life for our Community. To maintain safe, clean and attractive parks, which enhance and enrich Scottsdale and the quality of life for our citizens.
Scottsdale provides a wonderful network of community and neighborhood pars, natural areas and open spaces, pathways and trails, picnic areas and playgrounds to serve your year round recreational needs.
Scottsdale provides unique and easily accessible indoor meeting spaces. Our parks and facilities provide clean, green and local alternatives to host your events and neighborhood or business meetings.
Scottsdale provides quality fields and courts for just about any sport or fitness pursuit. Our amenities are ideal for a pickup game, family reunion competitions or regional competitive tournaments.
Whatever your Park & Recreation need:
“With Us You Can”
Park and Recreation Director
Our services are:
- Conduct Recreational Classes and Programs
at Parks and Community Centers
- Staff Parks and Recreation Commission
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Provide positive leisure activities for youth, teens and adults
- Manage parks and recreation facilities
- Produce community special events and programs
- Plan for future parks and recreation facilities and programs
- Maintain Parks
- Maintain Medians and Right-of-Ways
- Develop and Maintain Hiking Trails
- Manage inmate/community service worker hours
- Maintain 14 school sites for recreational purpose